Tuesday, March 2, 2010

District 9 hands make an appearance – by Evan

After about three weeks of taking the anti-malarial tablets we were given in the UK, I started my own little allergic reaction and developed one of the weirdest rashes I’ve had (and I’ve had a lot of weird rashes) on my hands – it looked a little bit like a red puffy fungus growing on the back of my hands and fingers, and was very disconcerting. It became worse and worse and itched like b*&^%$y - pardon my French. It was finally killed off by some magical bush medicine, after I collected and crushed some leaves, under a full moon, from a Sickle Bush (and a prescription of some cream on a subsequent trip to the doctor in the town nearby when the course finished). Ellen will now eat her food near me again, which she wouldn’t do for a while as I was putting her off her pasta. The Doc was great by the way – if you’re ever near Hoedspruit and feel ill, go and see Dr Blair. Lovely man.

No comments:

Post a Comment