Friday, April 16, 2010

No Longer Stuck in the Mud in Etosha – by Ellen

Once we were back on terra firma, and I’d groveled and apologised for driving us down the road we shouldn’t go down, and promised not to ever do that again, and then apologized for getting a bit freaked out because I watch too much crap TV so all I could think about was Evan (who I love very much, especially in one piece) getting eaten by lions as he pushed the car out, when really I should have been concentrating on trying to drive us out of the mud, we headed back to camp. After giving Evan (my hero) a celebratory ‘huzzah, we’re alive!’ beer I set about washing the car. We then relocated to the final camp where Evan (who I’m very glad didn’t get eaten by lions) cooked me a yummy spag bol while I fended off the jackals.

In the night we heard hyaena (I love that sound), lions, an impala alarm call, rustling, stampeding hooves, then silence. We imagined what it would have been like to be listening to those sounds from in the car in the mud halfway down the closed road, probably really needing a pee…

No comments:

Post a Comment